Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New Vista Operating System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New Vista Operating System

    I'm looking at buying a new computer in the near future. Should I wait on Microsoft's new operating sytem? What will it be able to do that XP doesn't?

    What's the best computer to buy now? HP? I've got two Dells, no real problems, but what's the best value for your money.

    Opinions welcomed.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Vista Operating System

    I would wait on Vista, because it isn't very far away AND it will be amazing.

    DirectX 10 is gonna rawk, too! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Vista Operating System

    I don't think you have to wait for it if you find the deal you like on hardware. It was my understanding that Microsoft was giving free upgrade coupons for Vista with current purchases, but I'd double check that before finalizing the purchase. Vista is supposed to be a BIG change in the GUI and will take some getting used to. Other than that I really don't know much about it yet.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Vista Operating System

    If you are familiar with and like XP, purchase now.

    It is a given that Vista will be chock full of little bugs and glitches. Has M$ released an OS that hasn't been that way right out of the box?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •